Membership fees vary slightly from club to club depending on venue costs.
Birmingham International Speakers presently charge £15 per month paid by direct debit, or £180 payable annually in advance. The POWERtalk year runs from August to July.
This fee covers entitlement to participate in the full range of ITC educational activities including committee meetings and inter-club competitions, and all of the hotel meeting room fees for twice-monthly meetings. As a member you can download educational materials from the National Web Site.
Communication skills – so vital to succeed in our personal live but also our public lives and careers.
- Presentation skills including speechmaking
- Disciplined discussion techniques
- Effective use of visual aids
- Listening skills
- Communication with authority and conviction
- Creative writing and written communication
Leadership skills and teamwork – Any organisation, your company and your family require good teamwork to be successful and include team building, delegation, motivation, mentoring and management skills.
- Successful meeting procedures
- Efficient and effective meetings and organisational skills
- Report writing
- Confident communication
- Planning and organisation of events
Personal achievement …
- Personal growth through developing confidence and a strong personal style
- Overcoming shyness and developing skills to convert anxiety into positive energy
- Developing and presenting thoughts clearly
- Offering and expressing constructive criticism
- Greater career and personal recognition
- Continued learning