Why it is worth joining Birmingham International Speakers Club
Membership fees vary slightly from club to club depending on venue costs.Birmingham International Speakers presently charge only £15 per month paid by direct debit, or £180 payable annually in advance.The POWERtalk year runs from August to July.This fee covers entitlement to participate in the full range of POWERtalk educational activities including committee meetings and inter-club competitions, and all of the hotel meeting room fees for twice-monthly meetings.As a member you can download educational materials from the National Web Site.
Communication skills —
So vital to succeed in our personal live but also our public lives and careers. Learning how to be a confident, effective communicator will unleash opportunities in abundance.
- Presentation skills including speech-making
- Disciplined discussion techniques
- Effective use of visual aids
- Listening skills
- Communication with authority and conviction
- Creative writing and written communication
Leadership skills & teamwork —
Learning to lead is easy, learning to lead well is a skill.
We coach you to become an effective leader to get the very best from your team.
- Successful meeting procedures
- Efficient and effective meetings and organisational skills
- Report writing
- Confident communication
- Planning and organisation of events
- Building an effective team
- Coaching and mentoring
- Engaging your team
We coach you to become more confident, focussed and achieve goals in your personal life as well as your professional life.
- Personal growth through developing confidence and a strong personal style
- Overcoming shyness and developing skills to convert anxiety into positive energy
- Developing and presenting thoughts clearly
- Offering and expressing constructive criticism
- Greater career and personal recognition
- Continued learning
Find out for yourself: